Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bienvenidos

Welcome to everybodylovesbaby! I meant to start this blog a while ago to document my pregnancy and all the insanity surrounding it, but alas, I am a slacker. Hey! At least I'm still pregnant! I have four more weeks to go. I will write about pregnancy highlights in a future post, but this blog will really be about the adventures of baby, being new parents, and the whole lot of other people involved in this journey. If my pregnancy is any indication, things are really going to get exciting when I pop this kid out.

Let's begin by introducing the main characters:

Belly: is our baby. We do not know the sex. If it is a girl, we will continue to call her Belly (spelled Beli) as her name will be Belén. If it is a boy, his name will be Lucas, no cute nickname yet. Lulo? Perhaps. Currently, Belly's favorite activity is waking mom up at 4:00 a.m. with an insatiable appetite.
**Belly is now Luki! a healthy, beautiful baby boy born on July 2, 2009. We don't know much about him yet, except he has giant hands and loves to eat.

Ton Ton: is my husband and baby daddy. His favorite things are: 1. playing guitar; 2. cleaning and organizing; 3. finishing projects once he starts them. Pregnancy has turned him into a sap. He thinks I don't notice, but he totally gets teary eyed when we read "Guess how much I love you" to Belly. What a crybaby!

Big E: is my mother. To say she is excited about Belly is a gross understatement. Have you seen the 12 year old girls at the Jonas Brothers concerts? That is exactly how she acts every time she steps into Babies R Us. Big E is also Ton Ton's nemesis. They have a love/HATE relationship.

Uli: is my father and a superhero. He can build anything you can imagine, cook the best Cuban food, and make sure Big E's car always has gas in it, all at the same time, and with a smile. Uli secretly wants Belly to be a boy; he has to keep it secret because Big E wants a girl and she will not hear it any other way.

Mamacita: is my mother in law. She lives in Venezuela, but visits often. Mamacita likes to book her trips to the U.S. for three months at a time so that she can have two months to complain about how much she misses home. She will be joining us in October, again for three months. Belly will be her seventh grandchild, but the first from her precious Ton Ton, so she is quite thrilled.

Ani: is my brother and a superhero in training. Despite being quiet and laid back, strange things happen to him all the time. He is excited about Belly, but expresses his feelings in a normal, non-seizure inducing kind of way.

There are many others who will be part of this adventure, and I will be sure to introduce them as they appear.

Now that you know some of the characters, I'll be back soon with stories!

3 comments:

  1. aaaaahhh!
    of course i shoudl have started here...i was wondering about the names used in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ailen, this is very good! I love your stories. You should be a freelance writer, no? this is Moni by the way, you can call me "mo mo" if u want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ailen,

    This is super CUTE. I know your brother here in Atlanta and he talks about his nephew incessantly, it's actually quite cute. So, now i begin reading your blog while comfortably laying in bed and listening to John Legend. I can't wait to move forward.

    By the way, I love your writing. I feel like I'm listening to you and I secretly laugh in the inside about your comments! LOVE IT SO FAR~ Saludos,

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis