Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

I owe you guys a Thanksgiving post. I was going to write about the fabulous turkey I made without losing any fingers and the "Thankful for Mommy" pajamas we had Luki wear. But on Friday, in the blink of an eye, all of my plans changed. My father had a terrible accident and he passed away this morning. Our entire family is distraught.

But I owe you guys a Thanksgiving post.

So I want to say that I am so thankful for my father. For his laughter. For is never ending kindness. For his patience. For his strength. For all those qualities he transmitted to my brother and I which are making this moment bearable. Because I know that I will get through this because I am his daughter.

And I am thankful that I will see him again one day in heaven.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't begin to understand what you're going through -- and I know it's been forevre since we talked -- but just know that I'm thinking of you and your family and wishing you all the strength you'll need to get through this.
    ...jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Ailen. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ailen, we are all in shock and hurt for you and your mother and brother. We will all miss your father. Ann Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ailen, thank you for posting. I pray for your family and everyone who knows your father. I pray that you find comfort in your memories and your love for him. I pray that you never feel far away from your father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aileen,
    I'm so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your dear father. I know that as a family you will be able to laugh about the good times and struggle through the difficult times together. It sounds like he was a very special person.
    Thinking of you,
    Lauren Cranman

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis